JUNE 2021 – PLEASE NOTE WE HAVE NOW RELOCATE TO OUR NEW PREMISES AT NUMBER 14 BAMPTON STREET AND NORMAL SERVICE HAS RESUMED. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY OFFERING A CLICK AND COLLECT SERVICE.
Sunday/Monday – Closed
Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday – 9am – 5pm.
Hello and welcome to The House Of Green. Please read the whole of this page in order to be aware of how our & collect service works.
We hope you enjoy your online shopping experience with us. Please read ‘How It Works’ below.
How it works….
- Simply browse our pages from the comfort of your own home and either make a note of what you would like to buy or add the products to your basket.
- Email or text us with your order or check out from your basket and proceed as instructed. For either method you will NOT need to pay until your order has been packed. This is so we can give you an exact bill rather than having to credit you for any items that may be out of stock.
- If emailing rather than using the fully automated system please email your order to firstname.lastname@example.org or text it to 07905 209058.
- Please provide your mobile number so that we can send a secure payment link to you after your order is packed. We will let you know in advance if any items are unavailable.
- The website has a new order minimum set at £5 (previously £10). We are happy to process orders for less than this but you will need to email/text the order rather than checkout via the website. We cannot process any orders for less than £1.
- If you are NOT ordering via the website then you DO NOT have to order in the predesignated amounts as show against weighted items. So for instance, soft brown sugar is shown in 500g increments but you can order 750g or 300g if you prefer, depending on your requirements.
- We have two collection days available – Thursday (10am-4pm) or Saturday (10am-4pm). So simply let us know in your email/text when you would like to collect or select a collection time from those available if you are ordering via the website. If any of these days and times are not convenient please let us know and we will try our best to offer you something else, although this may not always be possible.
- PLEASE NOTE ORDERS FOR NEXT DAY COLLECTON MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 12 NOON ON THE PREVIOUS DAY. SO ORDERS FOR COLLECTION ON THURSDAY MUST BE MADE BY 12 NOON ON WEDNESDAY AND SATURDAY COLLECTIONS BY 12 NOON ON FRIDAY.
- All foods will come prepacked in brown paper bags. For those foods not suitable packed in paper we will use Naturflex cellophane bags which are a 100% home compostable film made from cellulose, derived from sustainable wood pulp. All bags will be sealed with brown paper tape.
- Come along at your pre-booked time and make your way to our SIDE/BACK entrance. During dry weather the door will be kept open so that you do not need to touch any handles or surfaces. If raining we will close the door but the handle will be sanitised after every collection. Your goods will be packed and waiting. (Please bring your own bags or a box to take your shopping home in). Please try not to touch anything else in the collection area and keep your bags and/or boxes on the floor.
- Please make sure you arrive on time, especially if you have liquid refills that you have prebooked (these are ordered and paid for in advance along with your other shopping).
We do of course realise that our zero waste ethos is slightly compromised with this method but think it is the best option available for the time being.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – ALLERGENS
Due to the unpacked nature of our produce we cannot guarantee that cross contamination from all allergens in the shop do not arise. Therefore, we recommend that our products are not suitable for people with allergies or sensitivities. Apart from those foods that arrive pre-packed and specified as being free from the specified allergen.
Allergens may include all of the following:
Celery, Cereals containing gluten, Crustaceans, Eggs, Fish, Lupin, Milk, Molluscs, Mustard, Nuts, Peanuts, Sesame seeds, Soya, Sulphur dioxide (sometimes known as sulphites).