Living Naturally Soapnut Shells are the only Organic wild-crafted detergent that grows on trees! It simply doesn’t get greener than this! Soapnuts are highly-effective and gentle at the same time.
Great for all fabrics, can be used at all temperatures from 30 -90 degrees C. Great for all washing machines especially energy efficient machines & great for all allergy sufferers. Save money and the planet with every laundry load!
Living Naturally Soapnuts or Soapberries are actually dried fruit shells which contain real natural soap and are 100% completely natural.
Living Naturally Soapnuts are a natural, non-polluting, compostable, alternative to conventional laundry detergents and synthetic soaps. No fillers, foaming agents, bleach, phthlates, phosphates or parabens.
Soapnut fruits actually contain a natural soap called saponin, which is released when they come into contact with water. They help free dirt and grime from clothes and help carry it away. This is how all synthetic detergents work …
Would you prefer to use a detergent that is 100% natural and organic instead of one that is full of potentially harmful chemicals? Would you like to get more value for your money and use a natural soap that can clean your clothes, house, vegetables and pets?
Thought so! And just in case you weren’t convinced yet, here are the other benefits:
Certified Vegan – By The Vegan Society
Certified Organic – Our Soapnuts are certified organic by USDA, India Organic & EcoCert
100% Biodegradable & Compostable
Hypoallergenic – The main reason soapnuts are hypoallergenic is because they are a fruit, and it is very rare to have a fruit allergy. However, just to be sure, the natural soap in the soapnuts have been tested by dermatologists and 100% of subjects* tested had ZERO reaction (noticeable irritation) after 48 hours of exposure. It is nice when modern science can prove what ancient civilizations have known all along! *Skin Irritation Test consisted of 52 subjects with Fitzpatrick skin types 2 & 3
Phosphate-Free & SLS-Free – Our soapnuts do not contain any phosphates or SLSs and our other laundry products are also made without phosphates or SLSs.
Palm Oil Free – We are a palm-oil free brand and do not use any palm oil in any of our products.
Cruelty-Free – Our soapnuts and soapnut products do not contribute to any environmental, human or animal abuse. We audit our suppliers regularly, we do not test our products on animals, and we ensure our ingredients aren’t contributing to deforestation or environmental damage.
Anti-fungal & Anti-microbial – Soapnuts have been tested and found to have mild anti-fungal and anti-microbial activity.
HOW TO USE:
1. Put 5 – 7 soapnut shells/or equivalent half shells into a small muslin washbag or even an old sock tie securely. You can also use a bag clip to secure the washbag or sock.
2. (Optional step) Place washbag into jar with warm water for 3 minutes. This helps to release the soap.
3. Load laundry into machine, place soaked washbag into drum of the washing machine with clothes. Wash clothes as directed by fabric care instructions.
4. Save used shells, as they can be reused up to FOUR more times.
HOW TO MAKE SOAPNUT WASHING LIQUID:
- Put 15-20 shells/50g of Soapnuts into 2 litres of water, and bring to the boil.
- Switch off heat, cover and let the liquid cool down.
- Once the liquid is cooled, strain the liquid into a jar or bottle and put the soapnuts back in the pan. Your Homemade Soapnut Laundry Liquid should be stored in the fridge.
- These boiled soapnuts can be reboiled up to 3 times with 2 litre each time. This should give you between 7- 8 litres of homemade soapnut liquid.
HOW TO USE: Load laundry into machine. Pour ONE cup / 250ml of home-made soapnut liquid into detergent drawer of washing machine and wash as directed. Use TWO cups for larger or dirtier wash loads.
NO BOIL RECIPE: Alternatively you can add 10 soapnuts to a kilner/plastic jar and 1 litre of hot tap water. Shake and leave to soak and when water turns brown the soap has been extracted. Use liquid as needed and when jar is empty replenish with hot water. You can keep doing this until no soap is present in the soap nuts.
HANDWASH: Pour 1 cup / 250ml of home-made soapnut liquid into basin. Wash and rinse as usual.
INGREDIENTS: Pure 100% Organic Sapindus Mukorossi (soapnut) dried fruit shells